For this assignment, select a publicly traded company, your place of employment, or an organization you are familiar with.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of your selected company is concerned that the strategic management of emerging technologies is not leveraging the company’s competitive advantage and providing for the future direction of the company.
According to the CTO, strategic management of emerging technologies should consider:
- Evaluating the company’s environment and current position
- Evaluating the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT)
- Establishing the company’s competitive intelligence
- Developing of the company’s strategic intent
Create a 10- to 12-slide, multimedia-rich Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes that will be presented to the CTO addressing the concerns about the company’s strategic management of emerging technologies. Then, record at least a 5- to 6-minute voiceover to accompany your presentation.
Recommend ideas for the bulleted points above to leverage the strategic management of emerging technologies to further benefit the company. Add sufficient detail to support your recommendations.
Identify examples for each of the above requirements and how they collectively benefit the company.
Your presentation must include the following:
- A title slide (not included in the slide count)
- Appropriate and relative graphics or images
- Detailed speaker notes or recorded audio narration (instructions on how to add audio to Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations can be found on the Microsoft® Office® Support site)
- A references slide citing all resources used in the presentation and speaking notes (not included in the slide count)