- To better understand how a software development project is managed from initiation to closure.
- To better understand what project management plan consists of.
- To prepare a project management plan for a software development project that has been identified for this semester project.
The project requires you to identify a software development project for any industry and prepare a Project Management Plan (PMP) for managing the project from initiation to closure. The Project Management Plan will include the following sections and items:
- Project Quality Management Plan – 6 points
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Test Plan and Strategy
- Project Communications Management Plan – 8 points
- Stakeholder Communications Requirement
- Methods of Communication
- Frequency of Communication
- Performance and Progress Reporting
- Project Risk Management Plan – 6 points
- Risk Register
- Risk Response Plan and Strategy
- Project Stakeholder Management Plan – 5 points
- Stakeholder Register
- Expectations Management Matrix
Peer Review: 10 points
You will prepare the Project Management Plan with all the above sections and items (bulleted list) in MS Word format using APA Documentation Style. For help with the APA Documentation Style, you can visit https://www.pvamu.edu/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/48/apa-reference_list_style_guide.pdfLinks to an external site.. You will embed other files (e.g. Network Diagrams, MS Excel or MS Project file) into the Word file. Ask in the class if you do not know how to embed a file into another. You’ll store all the files in a folder and compress (zip) the folder so you can submit the compressed (zipped) folder.