The Opium War
This paper has something to do with the opium war so please no plagiarism and make sure it is original it will be check and please have it turn it in ready
The Opium War
[WLOs: 1, 2, 4, 6] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7]
Write a two- to three-page paper discussing the origins and outcome of the Opium Wars between Britain and China, discussing all of the following items:
Links are at the bottom
· Explain the expansion of European imperialism in Asia and why it led to the British importing opium to China.
· Evaluate the origins of the Opium Wars from both Chinese and British viewpoints, and incorporate a well-defined argument of which country had a more valid claim.
· Analyze the consequences of the Treaty of Nanjing.
· Explain some of the lessons that we can take from the history of the Opium Wars.
The paper must
· Be two to three pages in length, not including title and reference pages.
· Be formatted according to APA style.
· Start with an introduction and provide a thesis statement.
· Contain at least one quote from the treaty of Nanjing.
· Contain one quote from one of the other sources listed.
· Cite sources in text and on the reference page.
Please use the following four sources and include them in your paper using citations when referred to. You may also add other scholarly secondary sources from the library.
First, in order to gain a better understanding of the Opium Wars, listen to the following radio program and review the following multimedia essay.
Second, to undertake the research for this assignment, review the following treaty (primary source) and read the following newspaper article.
For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, and for using scholarly and primary sources, visit the Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.) resource.
The Opium War paper
· Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.) .
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) .
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) , refer to the Writing Center resources.
· Must provide a thesis statement.
· Must contain at least one quote from the Treaty of Nanjing
· Must cite any information used from the four required and any additional scholarly sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specification.