Structured Interview Paper 2- Mental Health Professional
Structured Interview Paper 2 – Mental Health Professional – 250 points
The student will locate a mental health professional actively involved in counseling divorced and remarried couples and blended families in the student’s local area. The student will prepare at least 10 questions, interview the professional, and summarize his/her findings. The student will write a 3–4-page summary (not including Title Page and References) in current APA style documenting the interview and including a copy of all the questions that were asked.
- From you experience, what are some of the most prevalent reasons couples divorce?
- What are the most common challenges you see in the first three months following separation?
- Do you recommend temporary separation as a technique in helping keep couples married? Why or why not?
- What are the biggest adjustments couples have to make during separation? Divorce? Remarriage?
- When and how do you tend to see the effects of divorce manifest in children?
- What are the most difficult adjustments you see in two families coming together?
- How do you counsel divorced individuals with kids to begin dating again? What do recommend for that process? What common mistakes do you see being made?
- What is your personal theology of divorce and remarriage? How does it fit with what you see and experience in your practice?
Weekly Application Assignment Rubric (20 points)
|4 points||3 points||2 points)||1 point|
|Clearly & effectively responds to assignment.||Response to assignment generally adequate & thorough.||Minimally responds to the assignment.||Does not respond well to assignment.|
|Main idea (Application assignment) very clearly stated & topic is effectively limited.||Main idea clear & topic is limited.||Main idea clear or implicit & topic is partially limited.||Main idea unclear & topic only partially limited.|
|Application assignment supported by a variety of relevant facts, examples, & illustrations from experience, references to related readings, etc.||Application assignment is well-supported in body of paper by facts, examples, illustrations though support may not be as vivid as the “A” essay.||Application assignment generally supported in body of paper by facts, examples, details. No more than one paragraph with inadequate support.||Application assignment supported in body of paper by few facts, examples, details. More than one paragraph with inadequate support.|
|Few, if any, minor errors in sentence construction, usage, grammar, or mechanics.||There may be a few minor or major errors in sentence construction, usage, grammar, or mechanics.||There are some common errors (major and minor) in sentence construction and mechanics but the writer generally demonstrates a correct sense of syntax.||There are numerous minor errors and some major errors. Sentence construction is below mastery and may display a pattern of errors in usage and mechanics.|
|Supportive references material is incorporated logically & insightfully. Supportive references are documented accurately.||Supportive reference material incorporated logically. Supportive references documented accurately.||Supportive reference material incorporated adequately & usually documented accurately.||Supportive references material incorporated but sometimes inappropriately or unclearly. Documentation is accurate only occasionally.|