Strengths And Limitations Of Correlational Design
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 9 in your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Consider the strengths and limitations of using correlational data, in general, and as it relates to research in forensic psychology or in forensic settings.
- Review the article, “Forensic Psychology: An Empirical Review of Experimental Research.” Focus on the strengths and limitations of empirical and correlational design.
- Using the Walden Library, select and review two research articles covering different topic areas, both of which use a correlational design.
- Think about the strengths and limitations of the correlational design used in each of the two research articles you chose.
The assignment (1–3 pages):
- Briefly describe each of the studies in the two research articles you selected. Include a description of the results of the studies and the correlational relationship reported.
- Explain the strengths and limitations of using a correlational design in each of the studies.