Strategic Management Course Homework
Week 2 Individual Assignment:
ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PAPER
Purpose of Assignment – This individual assignment is designed to help students with the following:
1. Understand the influence that business ethics and corporate social responsibility have on strategic planning.
2. Analyze a breach of the ethical boundaries of a company selected by the student.
3. Examine appropriate ethical behavior.
· Textbook Chapter 13
· Appropriate and relevant business and academic Websites
1. Explanation of the roles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility in developing a strategic plan, while considering stakeholder needs and agendas.
2. Relevant overview of a company that you researched for this assignment (e.g., industry, age, size, scope, and market position).
3. Analysis of how the selected company overstepped any established social or industry ethical boundaries to meet certain stakeholder agendas.
4. Examination of the ethical practices that could have been established by the company to potentially prevent the situation from occurring (note you are required to identify what the company could have done beforehand, not what the company may have done after the situation occurred).
Format the paper according to 400-level APA standards. An abstract is not required, but the paper must include a Conclusion heading (other headings are recommended). THE WORD COUNT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE TITLE AND REFERENCE PAGES.