Week Four Assignment: Research Paper
Students are expected to do an in-depth study of the professional literature related to a specific topic in the field of abnormal psychology. The major purpose of this paper is for you to describe, in your own words, your understanding of what you have read in the literature. Correct use of APA style is an essential part of the paper.
Write a research paper of 5 pages (double spaced) on any topic of interest in the area of abnormal behavior. Your paper needs to include reference to our textbook and at least four to six (4-6) full-text peer reviewed journals or books (i.e.: American Journal of Psychiatry, Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Psychological Bulletin, etc…). Be sure to use appropriate resources to support your paper; you can find more information on what are acceptable college level resources in your Course Outline. Make sure to review the imbedded rubric to get a better sense of the expectations of the paper.
The body of your essay should be five (5) pages.
Add three (3) pages:
1. title page
If figures and graphs are included in an appendix the paper should not exceed 10 pages. Late papers will not be accepted. Follow APA style.
Topic and Content:
· Your paper may be about any topic that interests you in the field of abnormal behavior.
· However, it must include a scholarly review of the theoretical and empirical literature on your topic and present a biopsychosocial perspective.
Research Paper (8 pages) should include:
a. title page
b. abstract page
c. introductory paragraph with thesis (primary subject clearly identified).
. presents your topic and a summary of the literature you will review in the body of your paper
· 5 body pages of the paper
. includes an in-depth review of literature that shows a sophisticated understanding of the concepts you present and explains supports, interprets, analyzes, and discusses your original conclusions
· discussion section
. summarizes your research findings, interpretations, and original conclusions
· reference page
. with graphs and/or drawings (optional).
· Submit your paper as a Microsoft Word document using: Times New Roman font, 12-point type, double spacing, and 1 inch margins.
· Number pages in the upper right hand corner.
· Note: In APA style 6th ed., Insert a Running head as your header opposite the page number on your title page.