Questions To Answer
My suggestion is when you are answering the questions put down the number of the questions so I know which answer goes to which question.
1. What causes you the most conflict at work or school? ( so far I never had any conflict in my school also I am not working just so you know, and please write something according to school not work)
2. (a) Which defense mechanism do you see people exhibiting most frequently? (b) Why do you think this is the case? (c) How can you manage this type of reaction to a conflict?
3. (a) Are you comfortable with your preferred conflict management style? (b) Would you consider modifying it? (c) If so, how? What are you willing to try?
1. Why should a manager understand conflict?
2. How does conflict benefit an organization?
3. A. What is functional conflict? Describe it.
B. What is dysfunctional conflict? Describe it.
4. A. List and describe the (seven) structural factors that contribute to conflict?
B. List and describe the (seven) personal factors that contribute to conflict?
5. A. List the four major forms of conflict in organizations.
B. Describe each of the four major forms of conflict in organizations.
6. A. List and describe the (nine) defense mechanisms people use in interpersonal conflict.
B. Give an example of each of these defense mechanisms used at work.
7. A. List the (five) most effective techniques for managing conflict at work.
B. Describe the (five) most effective techniques for managing conflict at work.
8. A. List five ineffective techniques for managing conflict at work.
B. Describe these five ineffective techniques for managing conflict at work; give examples.
9. A. List the five styles of conflict management.
B. Describe each of these five styles of conflict management.
1. Would (do) your coworkers seem to engage in these behaviors more often than you would (do)? Why do you have this perception? ( remember I don’t work)
2. Which behaviors tend to be most frequent?
3. How are the most frequent behaviors different from the behaviors engaged in less frequently?
4. What are the most important items for managers to control? How should managers control these behaviors?
5. Select a particular behavior from the list. Have two people debate whether the behavior is ethical or not.
6. What types of conflicts could emerge if the behaviors in the list occurred frequently?