- Review Chapter 9 in your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Pay attention to the descriptions and examples of linear and nonlinear relationships, positive and negative linear relationships, and curvilinear relationships.
- Consider how these relationships are determined and what impact each type of relationship may have on a researcher’s ability to make predictions.
- Using the Walden Library, select and review two or three articles on criminal recidivism, violent crime, or domestic violence in which the variables have positive and negative linear relationships.
- Consider the implications if the variables had a curvilinear relationship instead.
- Post by Day 4 a description of two variables that have a positive linear relationship and two variables that have a negative linear relationship in the research articles you reviewed. Then, explain the implications on the studies if each of those variables had a curvilinear relationship instead.