PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
SAUDI ELECTRONIC UNIVERSITY
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is the largest retail company in the United States and has been ranked number one on the Fortune 500 Index by Fortune Magazine. Wal-Mart is the largest retail store in the United States, and is larger than any other retail chain in the world. Currently Wal-Mart operates over 4,150 retail facilities globally.
Wal-Mart provides general merchandise: family apparel, health & beauty aids, household needs, electronics, toys, fabrics, crafts, lawn & garden, jewelry and shoes. Also, the company runs a pharmacy department, Tire & Lube Express, and Photo processing center as well (www.walmart.com).
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. decided to start its operation in Saudi Arabia. The Company hired you as CEO of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Saudi.
Assignment Objectives & Requirements:
1. To establish the Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you have to write the: (400 – 500 words)
a. Introduction about Wal-Mart Stores Inc. business.
b. Product and type of services.
c. Business statement.
d. Business vision.
e. Business objective.
2. Identify and describe the four managerial functions that can be applied in Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Saudi Arabia. (200 – 300 words)
3. Identify the probable stakeholder for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. KSA. (200 – 300 words)
4. Explain the different types of planning for the different levels of management in Wal-Mart Stores Inc. KSA. Include the typical time frame for which each plan is created. (300 – 400 words)
5. Discuss the components of the acronym SMART in goal setting of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. KSA. (100 – 200 words)
6. Identify the strategic management process of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. KSA. (200 – 300 words)
7. Organizational culture is important for a US based company to operate in Saudi Arabia. What functions does organizational culture serve in Wal-Mart Stores Inc. KSA? (300 – 400 words)
8. In making decisions, ethical concerns need to be considered. Describe what are the ethics and laws within your Wal-Mart. (300 – 400 words).
9. Conclude your report. (300 – 400 words)
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· The word count for this assignment must be between 2500 to 3000 words.
· There will be three submissions for this assignment as the following:
|Submission Week||Due Date||Point covered||Marks|
|First Submission||Week 7||1,2,&3||4|
|Second Submission||Week 10||4,5, & 6,||4|
|Third Submission||Week 13||All||7|
|Instructor’s assessment based on the sincere effort on Project, and Participation in the followings:· Class· Blackboard· Discussion Board· Wiki· Blogs||10|
· The submission method will be through blackboard.
· All students are encouraged to use their own word.
· Student must apply Harvard Referencing Style within their reports.
· Student is allowed to cite 10% from the word limit (3000 word limit means 300 words can be cited).
· A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it