PART I: Projects
Directions: Please complete the following tasks. Be sure to read the directions carefully. When you have completed all parts of the Homework Assignment,
1. Press Release Project:
• Start Word, click the Open Other Documents link, open the file WD B-2.docx from the location where you store your Data File, then save the document with the filename WD B-PAOS 2016 PR.
• Select Your Name and replace it with your name.
• Display paragraph and other formatting marks in your document if they are not already displayed.
• Use the Cut and Paste buttons to switch the order of the two sentences in the fourth body paragraph (which begins “New group shows…”).
• Use the drag-and-drop method to switch the order of the second and third paragraphs.
• Adjust the spacing if necessary so that there is one blank line between paragraphs, then save your changes.
• Start Word, open the file WD B-6.docx from the location where you store your Data Files, then save it as WD B-References. This document contains the questions you will answer about the Web reference sources you find and Apps for Office. You will type your answers to the questions in the document.
• Replace the placeholder text at the top of the WD B-References document with your name and the date.
• Use your favorite search engine to search the Web for grammar and style guides, dictionaries, and thesauri. Use the keywords grammar, usage, dictionary, glossary, or thesaurus to conduct your search.
• Complete question 1 of the WD B-References document, making sure to format the website names as hyperlinks to the websites.
• Read question 2 of the WD B-References document, then move the insertion point under question 2.
• Click the Apps for Office button in the Apps group on the INSERT tab, then click More apps in the Apps for Office.
• The Office window opens (note: you may see Office Store instead of More apps). Explore the apps available on the Apps for Word 2013 Web page that opens in your browser.
• Switch to the WD B-References document in Word. Close the Apps for Office window if it is still open.
• With the insertion point below question 2, click the Screenshot button in the Illustrations group on the INSERT tab. The Available Windows gallery opens.
• Read the ScreenTip for each thumbnail in the gallery, find the Apps for Word – Office.com window thumbnail in the gallery, click it, then click Yes in the dialog box that opens. A screenshot of the Apps for Word 2013 is inserted in the WD B-References document.
PART II: Essay
Directions: Write an essay that summarizes what you have learned in this section of your textbook and lecture notes. Your paper should be at least 2 pages in length, utilize APA style, and include a cover page and a bibliography. Your paper should be written in your own words and not copied and pasted from the Internet or directly from the textbook and/or lecture notes. Your summary must include all of the following topics:
• Cut and paste text
• Copy and paste text
• Use the Office Clipboard
• Find and replace text
• Check spelling and grammar
• Research information
• Add hyperlinks
• Work with document properties
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2013
Portsmouth Artists Open Their Studios to the Public
PORTSMOUTH, NH — The fall 2013 Open Studios season kicks off with Portsmouth Artisits Open Studios on Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. More than 60 Portsmouth artists will open their studios and homes to the public for this annual event, now in it’s tenth year.
Portsmouth is easily accessible from all points in New England by car or bus, and from other cities by air. On saturday, non-Portsmouth residents may park in permit-only areas provided they display a copy of the map on the dashboard. There is no parking restrictions on Sundays in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is a historic and diverse city, long home to a thriving community of artists. Quiet residential streets lined with charming Victorians edge a vibrent commercial and industrial zone, all peppered with the studios of printmakers, sculptors, painters, glass and jewelry makers, illustrators, potters, photographers, watercolorists, and other artists working in a wide range of mediums.
New group shows will open at the Atlantic Gallery and at the Mermaid Café, both on Market St. Internationally celebrated sculptor Eva Russo will display her new work in the rotunda of City Hall.
Studio location maps will be available prior to the opening at businesses and public libraries , and on the days of the event at the Riverwalk. Riverwalk is located at the junction of Market St and Dock St in downtown Portsmouth.
PAOS 2013 receives funds from participating artists and from the Portsmouth Arts Council, the North Hampshire Cultural Council, and the NEA, with valuable support from local universities and businesses.