Performance And Evaluation
In previous weeks, you have analyzed a job, written a job description, and developed a recruitment and selection plan for your chosen case study job. For this week’s Project component, you will examine how to evaluate an employee’s performance and describe effective communication strategies with the employee around problem behaviors. Think about three potential problem behaviors an employee for your selected job role might exhibit (e.g., customer relations, job performance, interactions with other co-workers or supervisors, job quality, etc.)
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page response to the following:
- Describe how you would evaluate the employee’s performance.
- Explain what factors must be considered when selecting an appraisal method.
- Explain what common rating errors can occur and how they can be avoided.
- Explain how you would communicate to the employee about his or her performance.
- Describe how and when you would communicate performance expectations.
- Assess what plan you would put in place for performance improvement, re-evaluation, considerations about termination, etc.
- In general, briefly discuss the legal concerns around termination.