Organizational Structure And Goals
Prepare a 4–5-page white paper in which you identify three functional areas you believe are essential for organizational success. Explain the purpose of each functional area and how the purpose supports organizational goals. In addition, describe the organizational structure best suited for the functional areas, and explain how the functional areas support continued organizational success.
The functional areas within a business or organization contribute to the smooth and effective running of the business. Although the number and names of the functional areas vary from organization to organization, there are five that are key in almost every organization: Human Resources, Accounting and Finance, Sales and Marketing, Production and Operations, and Information Technology (IT) Systems.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the underlying principles of successful business.
- Explain the primary purpose of functional areas of an organization.
- Explain how the purpose of functional areas supports the organizational goals.
- Describe the type of organizational structure best suited for functional areas.ï»¿
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for the field of business.
- Write in a well organized, clear, and succinct manner.