Operations Strategy (3 Pages)
Directions: Using as an example an organization you are familiar with, design an operations strategy to change the way operations are currently developed. Feel free to choose a radical shift from the way operations are currently functioning. A high grade will be provided for operation strategies with the following characteristics:
1. Utilize the text to make their arguments,
2. Provide substantial detail into the strategy
3. Include some of the following elements: cost, scale based strategies, specialization, newness, flexible operations, quality, service, sustainability. See text for details.
4. Has the opportunity to become a core competency for the organization.
5. High level of operations management sophistication.
Text: Operations Management, William J. Stevenson, McGraw-Hill Irwin