Morgan86: Week 4 Discussion
- How does a high employee turnover rate impact the operations in a healthcare organization?
- Give examples of one clinical and one nonclinical position in your answer. For example, what is the effect of a high turnover among lab technicians and among billing staff?
- What data may be gathered and analyzed to assess the reasons for employee turnover? What additional data might HRM gather?
- What would you use for forecasting metrics for current and future staffing needs?
- Give an example of a particular healthcare setting (e.g., urban or rural, large or small hospital, or primary or tertiary care).
- What best practices would you recommend for reducing healthcare employee turnover? Explain at least three such best practices and their positive affect on a healthcare organization.
- Among clinical staff, would you target any particular age group for retention efforts? For example, would you make greater effort to retain younger staff for the organization’s long-term staffing needs or would you rather retain more experienced employees to improve the quality of care?
Provide reasons and evidence in support of your responses.