Week 2 addresses the importance of delivering and maintaining excellence in the environment of care management. There are several critical issues both internally and externally affecting the environment of care management. A central function of a healthcare organization is the health of its community. Week 2 will analyze how managed care has developed within a financial, political/regulatory and accountability environment to support evidence based culture.
Your Learning Objectives for the Week:
- Analyze how managed care has developed within a financial, political/regulatory and accountability environment.
- Assess the future of healthcare as it is affected by the next stages of managed care.
- Outline the key advantages and disadvantages of the various managed care reimbursement systems for healthcare providers.
MHA5020 WEEK 2 DISCUSSION INSTRUCTIONS
The key functional areas of activities in the environment of care management include all supplies and services required for medical care. The integration of facility support addresses functional needs based on forecasting requirements for service. The critical function areas include facility planning and operations, clinical engineering, maintenance services including environmental services, guest services and supply services.
Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
By the due date assigned, respond to the assigned discussion questions and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area. Respond to the assigned questions using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading.
The environmental care management service plays a critical role in key functional areas of activities within a healthcare organization. The purpose of the environment care management system is to integrate facility operational support in critical functions which includes areas of facility planning and operations, clinical engineering, and maintenance services, including environmental services, guest services, and supply services.
· Discuss how the following environment of care management departments: maintenance, environmental services, plant operations, dietary and guest service play a critical role within a healthcare organization. Provide two examples of functions from each department.
· Provide a rationale of at least one example of support and one example of a challenge, each department faces in environment care management.
Provide a substantive (300–500 words) initial discussion posting addressing each of the components in the discussion question. Justify your answers with research, examples, and reasoning.
Before the end of the unit, begin commenting on at least two of your peers’ responses. At a minimum, your responses to other initial posts must be 100 to 200 words each. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.