discussion board due by Thursday 250-300 words use citations and references correctly… discusion board must be pertaining to the medical field
It is sometimes difficult to determine what motivates an individual. Sometimes it’s even hard to figure out our own motivations. This Discussion gives you the opportunity to explore what inspires you to do a job or activity well.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Reflect on a job or activity that you found to be the most motivational to perform or complete.
Post a comprehensive response to the following:
- What aspects of the job or activity made it motivational for you?
- What type, or types, of motivational techniques were used in that job or activity?
- How could a manager in your current job apply those techniques?
Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 7, “Motivation Concepts”
This chapter reviews the early and contemporary theories of motivation, including Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y, cognitive evaluation theory, and goal-setting theory. It also compares the relationship between motivation theories and culture.
- Chapter 8, “Motivation: From Concepts to Applications”
This practical discussion discusses how to apply motivation concepts by changing the workplace, redesigning jobs, involving the employee in decision making, and variable pay programs. In addition, the authors describe how approaches to motivation vary across cultures.