In Assignment 1, a videogame development company recently hired you as an Information Security Engineer. After viewing a growing number of reports detailing malicious activity, the CIO requested that you draft a report in which you identify potential malicious attacks and threats specific to your organization. She asked you to include a brief explanation of each item and the potential impact it could have on the organization.
After reviewing your report, the CIO requests that you develop a follow-up plan detailing a strategy for addressing all risks (i.e., risk mitigation, risk assignment, risk acceptance, or risk avoidance) identified in Assignment 1. Further, your plan should identify controls (i.e., administrative, preventative, detective, and corrective) that the company will use to mitigate each risk previously identified.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- For each of the three (3) or more malicious attacks and / or threats that you identified in Assignment 1, choose a strategy for addressing the associated risk (i.e., risk mitigation, risk assignment, risk acceptance, or risk avoidance). Explain your rationale.
- For each of the three (3) or more malicious attacks and / or threats identified in Assignment 1, develop potential controls (i.e., administrative, preventative, detective, and corrective) that the company could use to mitigate each associated risk.
- Explain in detail why you believe the risk management, control identification, and selection processes are so important, specifically in this organization.
- Draft a one (1) page Executive Summary that details your strategies and recommendations to the CIO (Note: The Executive Summary is included in the assignment’s length requirements).
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the concepts of information systems security as applied to an IT infrastructure.
- Describe the principles of risk management, common response techniques, and issues related to recovery of IT systems.
- Describe how malicious attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities impact an IT infrastructure.
- Explain the means attackers use to compromise systems and networks, and defenses used by organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems security.
- Write clearly and concisely about network security topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Top of Form
· “What Do You Remember?” Respond to one (1) of the following discussion topics:
· Recall one (1) event that has happened in your past and that you share with at least one (1) family member. Describe the significant difference(s) in the memory when you compare your recall to that of your family member’s. Explain the potential reasons for the discrepancy in the memory.
· Take a position on whether or not eyewitness testimony should be permissible as evidence in court given the textbook’s discussion on memory and recall. Provide support for your response with one to two (1-2) examples of the advantages or disadvantages of using eyewitness testimony in court.
CIS 333 Discussion Question
“The Impact of Malware” Please respond to the following:
· From the first e-Activity, analyze the selected two (2) resources that are available for security professionals to find information about threats and / or malware active today. Justify your belief these resources are helpful for security professionals.
· From the second e-Activity, explain whether or not you believe that the myth of Mac devices being more secure than Windows devices is becoming history, and justify your answer. Further, indicate one (1) main reason why you believe this myth still exists in the minds of end users and businesses.
MKT Discussion question
· Look at Method’s Twitter account presence:
· Based on this information from Method’s Twitter account, decide whether a consumer would use hedonic or utilitarian values in their decision to purchase a product from Method. In this week’s blog entry, indicate your decision and explain your rationale based on your own reaction to Method (Hint: See Chapter 13 in the textbook for more details).
· Your blog entry should be approximately two to three (2-3) paragraphs in length. Additionally, be sure to respond to the blog entries created by two (2) of your peers.