Type: Individual ProjectResponsibilities of ManagementMon, 3/14/16Numeric1500400–600 wordsView objectives for this assignmentGo To:
This assignment is the Common AssignmentLooking for tutoring? Go to SmarthinkingCollapse All | Expand All Collapse All | Expand All
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual assignment only – this cannot be a group project) will be due by Sunday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
For this assignment, you are tasked with applying various components of management within four main categories:
Question 1: Four functions of management (125 words):
- Use the four functions of management to describe the fundamental duties of a manager.
Question 2: Ethics in Management (125 words)
- Consider a scenario where your friend, who works for the company but in a different division, is a candidate for a job. As a manager, you have inside information on that job opening. All candidates get a brief summary of the job description and requirements. Your friend asks you for additional information to help with the interview process. You know that you have more information that could help your friend get the job, but this information is not being shared with the other candidates. What do you do?
- Points to consider in your response: Understand that an ethical dilemma is one where there is no clear right or wrong options, just consequences to decisions. Managers are often faced with ethical dilemmas on a daily basis. Additionally, understanding how to make ethical decisions is an important skill for all managers
- Use the Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines for ethical decision making to document each of the given steps to show how you made your final decision to provide an answer to your friend.
Question 3: Global Managers (125 words)
- In your Phase 4 IP resources, read the first section of the article Strategy in the Global Environment and describe why you think it is important for managers to understand the global environment.
Question 4: Management Impact (125 words)
- Select 1 of the tools from the Web site Basic Tools for Process Improvement, and describe how the selected tool is used in the workplace for process improvement.