For this assignment, visit your local grocery store to observe and record behaviors in the various aisles. Your visit should be long enough to observe several behaviors and situations. Read the assignment thoroughly before your observational visit in order to watch for specific behaviors.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Identify the store and the day and time you made your observation.
- Analyze the behaviors you observed to determine how consumers progressed through the consumer behavior process while in different aisles.
- Assess how consumers determine value for their various purchases. This can be addressed with at least two (2) specific consumer examples or by combining all the consumers you observed.
- Pick two specific consumers that seemed to be very different from each other. Contrast how these two (2) consumers progressed through the consumer perception process.
- Analyze how different manufacturers motivated consumers to pick their specific brands. Articulate thoroughly the behaviors displayed and tactics used by the store or manufacturer to motivate the purchase.
- Record all your observations in a table placed in an Appendix.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze consumer behavior in a retail environment, including how consumers determine value and how manufacturers motivate consumers.