How I Learned To Drive
Multiple Choice Questions
If you can highlight the correct answer that’s all I need.
Here’s the grading…. 1 mistake=A- 2 mistakes =B+ 3 mistakes = B and so on.
1. Who does Peck take fishing? (a) B.B. (b) Big Papa. (c) Li’l Bit. (d) His wife.
2. How old is Grandma when she marries? (a) 16. (b) 15. (c) 17. (d) 14.
3. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom? (a) Li’l Bit. (b) Aunt Lily. (c) Mother. (d) Grandma.
4. What does the parking lot overlook? (a) Peck’s home. (b) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms. (c) Li’l Bit’s school. (d) The Department of Agriculture office.
5. What college course does Li’l Bit tell her family about? (a) Sociology of family. (b) Biology. (c) Shakespeare. (d) Behavioral psychology.
6. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches? (a) Tornados. (b) An eclipse. (c) The Civil War. (d) Planes taking off.
7. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene? (a) A revving car. (b) Li’l Bit’s voice. (c) The driver’s education film. (d) The sound of a far away train.
8. Who is taking Li’l Bit to the prom? (a) Greg. (b) Peck. (c) No one; she’s not going to prom. (d) Claude.
9. What does Li’l Bit’s hair smell like? (a) Cigarette smoke. (b) Perfume. (c) The outdoors. (d) Herbal Essence shampoo.
10. Who is Peck married to? (a) We never find out. (b) Aunt Mary. (c) Mother. (d) He’s divorced.
11. Li’l Bit becomes embarrassed when family members talk and joke about her breasts. Who tries to change the subject? (a) Peck. (b) B.B. (c) Aunt Mary. (d) Mother.
12. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins? (a) A calm autumn afternoon. (b) A stormy winter night. (c) A windy spring day. (d) A warm summer evening.
13. As the lights dim, what announcement does “How I Learned to Drive” open with? (a) An introduction of the characters. (b) Safety first – You and Driver Education. (c) The title of the work. (d) Li’l Bit taking about secrets.
14. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up? (a) Horry. (b) Cleveland. (c) Washington. (d) Merry.
15. When Peck leaves a drunk and sleeping Li’l Bit in the car, what music is playing? (a) Wagner’s “Flying Dutchman”. (b) Roy Orbison’s “Dream Baby”. (c) The Beach Boys’ “You’re Sixteen”. (d) Gary Pucket and the Union Gaps “This Girl is a Woman Now”.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the suggested music when Peck molests Li’l Bit in the first scene?
2. What is serious business to Peck?
3. Where does Li’l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
4. How fast can Peck’s favorite car go from 0 to 60?
5. Who tells Peck, “this isn’t right,” about what Peck and Li’l Bit are doing?
I would like you to write the quote and the page number for this part. Put page number in ( ) Thanks.