Graduate Level Psychology Help
This is a two-part assignment. The first attachment is a worksheet that must be completed. I’ve also attached the chapter that’s needed for the assignment. The next assignment, consists of an outline. The directions for the outline is also attached.
|Week Five Homework Exercise
Name : PSYCH/610 Version 2
University of Phoenix Material
Week Five Homework Exercise
Answer the following questions, covering material from Ch. 11 of the Methods in Behavioral Research (please cite and references your answers using proper APA 6th ed. style citations/references):
1. What are single-case designs and when are they most useful?
2. How may a researcher enhance the generalizability of the results of a single case design?
3. What is the relationship between quasi-experiments and confounding variables? Provide an example
4. Provide examples of: one-group posttest designs and one-group pretest and posttest designs. What are the limitations of each?
5. Provide examples of non-equivalent control group designs. What are the advantages of having a control group?
6. What is a quasi-experimental research design? Why would a researcher use a quasi-experimental design rather than a true experimental design?
7. What is the difference between a cross-sectional and a longitudinal study? What is a sequential study? Which of these designs is most vulnerable to cohort effects? Which design is most vulnerable to the effects of attrition?
8. What are the differences between: needs assessment, program assessment, process evaluation, outcome evaluation, and efficacy assessment? Why is program evaluation important to the field?
9. A researcher wants to investigate patriotic behavior across the lifespan. She samples people in the following age groups: 18–28, 29–39, 40–50, 51–60, and 61 and above. All participants are interviewed and asked to complete questionnaires and rating scales about patriotic behavior. This type of developmental research design is called ________________. What is the primary disadvantage of this type of design? Explain.