Dunkin Donut Discussion
READ the previous case study: Dunkin Brands Making Local Global
- VISIT the Dunkin’ Donuts website at http://www.dunkindonuts.com. Scroll to the BOTTOM of the web page and find the link that says: “Global Presence” which will allow you to get more information about the extent to which Dunkin’ Donuts has gone global.
- GO TO at least ONE of the countries listed in this area and find out how “Local goes Global.”PICK ONE COUNTRY/LOCATION of Dunkin’ Donuts as the basis for your discussion for Question #1.
- What are some of the most interesting local adaptations Dunkin’ Donuts has made based on your research?
- What cultural factors do you think Dunkin’ Donuts looked at when they made these adaptations?
- Do you think Dunkin’ Brands should let local operators make their own decisions regarding flavors for ice creams, donuts, and other items to be sold in-country?
- How would you recommend that the company’s global management assess the cultural differences in each market?
- Should there be one global policy?