1) Providers must learn new tools to eliminate disparities, build trust with patients, and understand how international biases and pre-established stereotypes affect quality of care. Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that identifies and defines various tools and measurements that can be used to measure the effectiveness of diversity programs and policies established by the organization.
2) Address how each of the following must be considered when considering how to implement an environment of diversity:
a) Government regulations.
b) Social pressures.
c) Industry and company ethical codes.
d) Tension between personal standards and the goals of the organization.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
1. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the issues surrounding diversity and their implications. Clearly answers the questions and develops a very strong rationale. Introduces appropriate examples.
2. Supports main points with references, examples, and full explanations of how they apply. Thoughtfully, analyzes, evaluates, and describes major points of the criteria.
3. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
4. Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
5. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
6. All format elements are correct.
7. Reference page is present and fully inclusive of all cited sources. Documentation is appropriate and citation style is usually correct.