Assignment 1: Discussion—Cost of Quality
Using this case study, take the role of the production manager and prepare a report for the board that either recommends the proposed changes or does not recommend the changes. Support your position with details from the case and also from information from the text or other outside references.
Make sure your original answer explains the following in your own words:
- Cost of Quality
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Six Sigma
- Relevant Costs
- Sunk Costs
- Cost Volume Profit (CVP)
By Saturday, August 26, 2017, post your response to the Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, August 30, 2017, read and respond to at least two other classmates’ posts on at least two different days of the week.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments to at least 2 peers’ posts on 2 different daysby
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Note: more posts on more days will support your discussion grade.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.