Cyber Psy 3
For this assessment, choose either a physical problem or psychosocial issue focused on self, personality, and abnormal behavior in the workplace. For example, a compulsion to gamble online creates many problems. Think about what unmet psychological need explains about the motivation to gamble. Is it an escape from negative emotional stress or the need for excitement—or something else? Another example, excessive Internet usage at work, may affect job performance and violate company policy. Consider the theory surrounding addiction and the theory that underlies the treatment of addiction. In addition to job performance issues, excessive computer usage can cause physical problems, for example, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, and backaches, et cetera.
Finish each section of the APA Paper Template, linked in the Resources under the APA Resources heading, as you complete the following:
- Explain how the underlying psychological theory relates to the problem or issue.
- Ensure you complete the following for a reliable media source:
- Examine what current reliable media reports about your chosen issue.
- Evaluate a solution suggested by a reliable source.
- Ensure you complete the following for a scholarly source:
- Evaluate a solution suggested by a scholarly source.
- Assess the weaknesses in the data collection method of a scholarly source.
- Evaluate the conclusions of a scholarly source.
Note the following:
- References must be mostly scholarly in nature. In other words, you should direct your research to professional psychology journals and texts, as well as current articles from the media (for example, articles from PewResearch, professional journals, and respected media).
- The library guide for this course will help you locate appropriate sources.
- Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information for this purpose but may be useful for background information. Do not cite Wikipedia.
- Written communication:Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Use Microsoft Word.
- Number of pages: 3–5 double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page and references.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of three resources, with two resources being more scholarly.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.