HN520 Assignment 4
You have been given the opportunity to examine the resilience theory as well as explore different crises and see how individuals, families, and groups experience resilience when faced with these different situations. In this Assignment, you will analyze how constructs of the resilience theory are used to promote resilience in specific crisis situations.
Please respond to the following:
- Analyze resilience theory by explaining salient points of this theoretical construct.
- Using the different crises from your textbook (Chapters 10-14), choose one crisis and identify potential risk factors that could impede upon a family’s ability to be resilient if faced with this particular crisis.
- Using the same crisis from above, discuss strategies a human services professional could use for this particular crisis that would promote resilience within the family, individual, or group.
- In this final part, you need to analyze how the strategies used to promote resiliency are reflective of at least one construct of the resilience theory. (Example: pacing reorganization of a family after the death of a loved one is reflective of the process-oriented perspective (interaction of individual with environment) of the resilience theory)
Your Assignment should be a 4–6 page expository essay (not including the title and reference pages) and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of family resilience across the life span
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of three scholarly or academic sources and your text to support your responses and conclusions
- Make sure that all sources listed on the reference page correspond to an in-text citation in the body of your paper.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style