Chapter 5 Of A Crime So Monstrous By Ben Skinner
Read: Chapter 5 of A Crime So Monstrous by Ben Skinner
Answer the following questions
Chapter 5 Questions: A Nation Within a Nation
1. Google E. Benjamin Skinner. List his name, credentials, and anything else of interest. Find 5 things about him. This question is worth 1 point.
2. By 2000, what portion of the population in Romania and Eastern Europe lived below the poverty level? Include citations. (This is a very short answer.) This question is worth 1 point.
3. Include a few sentences describing the 28 year old woman that Florin offers to sell to Skinner. Florin offered to sell this woman to Skinner for 3 months at what cost? It is estimated that she is raped how many times every day? How much does her average client pay to rape her? Include citations. This question is worth 3 points.
4. 1990s: It is estimated that how many people enter bondage every year? It is the ________ most lucrative commodity for crime syndicated of all sizes, netting around _(amount)_ Include citations. (This is a very short answer.) This question is worth 2 points.
5. Include a paragraph, to discuss Tatiana’s story and how she was tricked into the sex trade. Include citations. This question is worth 5 points.
6. According to a 2003 study in The Netherlands, on average, a single sex slave earned her pimp how much money per year? Include citations. (This is a very short answer.) This question is worth 1 point.
7. What is the average sentence for the dozens of human traffickers now serving time in Romanian jails? Include citations. (This is a very short answer.) This question is worth 1 point.
8. Each evening, up to how many clients did Anton force Tatiana to have sex with? Include citations. (This is a very short answer.) This question is worth 1 point.
9. Discuss the slave trade in Romania. Include 1 page double spaced. Only include examples from the assigned chapter in Skinner’s book. This question is worth 15 points.
Follow these instructions for Paper #2
o Type and print your paper in black ink (do not submit your work in any other color).
o Use Arial or Times New Roman font, 12 point.
o Use 1 inch margins.
o Double space your paper.
o Number your pages.
o Number your answers. (If you fail to number your answers you will receive a deduction to your grade.)
o Make sure that it is the length I require based on 1 inch margins.
o Quotes: Your paper may not include more than 10% of quotes in it.
o Citations: Include citations with each paper and question.