Case Analysis PPT
- Problem definition. A statement of the significant decision(s) the decision maker in the case must make and the major problem and the most significant issues faced by the firm and/or person in making the decision.
- Situation analysis. This section should include: a. An internal analysis of the strengths and weaknesses ofthe entrepreneur or enterprise; the entrepreneur’s and/or enterprise’s goals, objectives, values, preferences, etc.; financial situation, strategy, etc.; b. An external analysis of the markets, industry, competition, etc. in which the entrepreneur and his/her enterprise is operating or will operate.
- Options & alternatives. The 2 or 3 most important options which the entrepreneur may take to solve or address his or her problem.
- Evaluation. This section should include: a. Evaluative criteria i.e. What standards will be used to determine the viability of each alternative, both in general and relative to other alternatives? b. Actual evaluation of options/alternatives i.e. How does each alternative measure up according to the criteria you established? How do the alternatives compare? This section should help reveal, support and justify your recommendations.
- Recommendation(s). A recommendation to the entrepreneur for the action he/she should take to resolve his/her problem or major issue.