Business Paper 2
Please following the uploaded information provided. Please read all the instructions for this paper. It is a 10-12 pages paper APA style that CANNOT be over 15% Plagiarism. It is important to use correct grammar and spell check. This is one of the problems I been running into with my papers being done from homework market.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center. Please use Scholarly source.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: The Hiring Process and Managing a Diverse Workforce
Due Week 6 and worth 400 points
Imagine that you are the HR Director at your current organization or an organization with which you are familiar. As the HR Director, you must use different employment law requirements to create methods and policies that support the promotion of a diverse workforce. Select one (1) job opportunity that you have held or with which you are familiar within the same organization for this scenario.
(Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of these assignments. In your original work, you may use aspects of existing processes from either your current or a former place of employment. However, you must remove any and all identifying information that would enable someone to discern the organization[s] that you have used.)
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
1. Develop three (3) recruitment methods for the job opportunity in question, and suggest two (2) ways that each method helps one to avoid discriminatory practices. Justify your response.
2. Outline an application process that details the organization’s method of accepting all applications, as well as its method of validating applicants’ attainment of the required credentials (e.g., reviewing resumes, collecting transcripts, verifying certifications, etc.) for the job opportunity.
3. Develop a five- (5) step procedure for the HR Department to use in order to maintain all applicants’ records in case a discriminatory charge occurs.
4. Decide on three (3) background checks that the HR Department must utilize, and justify the relevance of each background check for the job opportunity.
5. Choose three (3) employment tests (e.g., drug tests, medical examinations, HIV tests, generic tests, polygraphs, honesty tests, psychological tests, intelligence and skills tests, and physical fitness, etc.) that the HR Department should use. Justify the relevance of each selected employment test to the job requirements.
6. Formulate a policy for making both the hiring and promotional decisions related to the job opportunity. Specify the major challenges and potential adverse impact of using subjective criteria for assessing soft skills. Next, suggest one (1) plan to mitigate the adverse impact. Justify your suggestion.
7. Recommend two (2) types of reasonable accommodations for both disabled applicants and applicants needing special religious considerations. Argue two (2) legal reasons for not being able to sufficiently provide such reasonable accommodation for each group.
8. Select one (1) case in which a court charged an organization with an affirmative action violation and one (1) case in which a court charged the organization with not managing harassment issues more expeditiously. Recommend an action plan geared toward preventing the issues addressed in both cases within your selected organization. Justify your recommendation.
9. Choose three (3) work-life conflicts that the HR Director should consider within the selected organization. Then, outline a policy geared toward resolving each conflict through the use of related employment laws. Justify your response.
10. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Determine employment laws that apply to the selection, development, and management of employees.
· Evaluate policies and processes that promote a diverse workforce.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
· Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.
Cannot Be Over 15% Plagiarism. Please follow the rubric
1. Thoroughly outlined one (1) job interview process, and thoroughly documented the methods that you must use to select the right person for available positions. Thoroughly determined two (2) employment laws that you must consider in the process in question, and thoroughly examined the key ramifications of the organization’s lack of enforcement of said laws.
2. Thoroughly predicted three (3) issues that you may encounter in building relationships with each type of worker. Thoroughly examined two (2) laws that you must follow during the relationship building process, and thoroughly specified the manner in which each law would help in the relationship building process.
3. Thoroughly evaluated the effectiveness of the organization’s HR policies and processes that are designed to promote a diverse workforce. Thoroughly outlined one (1) strategy for the organization that recognizes affirmative action. Thoroughly included a plan to mitigate both the glass ceiling effect and reverse discrimination within your organization. Thoroughly supported your response with at least two (2) examples that illustrate the major benefits of the plan to the organization.
4. Exceeds number of required references; all references high quality choices.
5. Error free or almost error free grammar, spelling, punctuation, or formatting.
6. In-text citations and references are error free or almost error free and consistently formatted correctly in APA style.
7. Sources are consistently integrated using effective techniques of quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing.
8. Information is provided in a clear, coherent, and consistent manner with reasons and evidence that logically support ideas.