BUS 307 Week 5 Assignment Final Paper Supply Chain Cases Analysis
Read the case study at the end of Chapter 12 and the case study at the end of Chapter 13, and thoroughly answer all the following questions. Supplement your answers with scholarly research using the Ashford Online Library. Each case study should be addressed in at least 5 pages, resulting in a combined Final Paper of at least 10 pages.
- Create a master production schedule for the breadmaker in the case that considers production levels, demand for the product, and the best business strategy for the situation presented.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of Jack’s approach, considering how master scheduling can improve the process, and considering the organizational changes needed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Examine the impact of refusing a customer’s order because of lack of supply of the product vs. accepting the order and failing to deliver.
- Describe the impact on average inventory levels and production if Realco produces 20,000 breadmakers every week, rather than 40,000 every other week.
Chapter 13 Case Study: Supply-Chain Challenges in Post-Earthquake Japan
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the supply chain used in the Japanese auto industry before the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
- Evaluate whether or not Toyota’s plan for a “foolproof” supply chain is consistent with the Lean production philosophy.
- Provide a recommendation and plan that you believe would be the best supply chain strategy for Toyota.
- Examine the impact Toyota’s plan will have on the way it handles relationship management in its supply chain.