BRM/256 Week 5 Q2
Plan of Action Presentation
- Due Feb 08, 11:59 PM
- Not Submitted
- POINTS 10
- Assignment Files
Develop a Plan of Action for the employee from the following scenario.
As a retail manager you have an employee that has always been productive. This employee has been with the company for 10 years, ensures that the work assigned is completed above your expectations, and always gets positive reviews from consumers. There have been challenges with this employee over the last 3-4 months. She has consistently arrived late for work and has called in sick at the last minute more than usual. She does not seem to be happy and has a noncommittal attitude when it comes to being assigned basic projects and successfully completing her job responsibilities. As such she is not reaching her performance goals. In addition, recently you have received complaints from her fellow employees that she has been yelling at them, starting verbal arguments, and displaying unprofessional behavior.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with speaker notes, of your plan of action to assist with getting this employee back on track. Include the following information in your plan:
- What are at least 3 appraisal techniques that you would use to measure this employees performance?
- What goal setting techniques will you use?
- What professional development opportunities would you suggest?
- Which conflict resolution techniques would you explore?
- How will you structure a follow-up plan with this employee?
- An explanation of how managers should monitor progress since the recommendation was implemented
Note. The presentation should only include key points while the speaker notes should include details about the plan and act as your voice for the presentation.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.