For this Application Assignment, review the media, “Employee Observation,” and your ratings of the schoolteachers in Weeks 2 and 3. Use the O*NET content model at http://www.onetcenter.org/content.html to rate the job in the media, and focus on the worker characteristics domain. Use the given data set from the generalized work activities in Week 3, your ability ratings from Week 3, along with your work styles ratings from this week.
O*NET. (n.d). The O*NET® content model. O*NET Resource Center. Retrieved from http://www.onetcenter.org/content.html
The Assignment (3–5 pages)
Presume you have been hired to use the data to develop an employee selection process to hire individuals for the middle school teacher position.
- Rate the middle school teacher job from Week 3 using the O*NET work styles scales in the worker characteristics domain.
- Summarize the findings of these three ratings (generalized work ratings, ability ratings, along with your work styles ratings).
- Describe the methodology used for evaluating the middle school teacher job.
- Based on the data, explain the important parts of the job that should serve as a foundation for selection.
- Summarize the findings and the relationship to your data, including your work from Weeks 2 and 3