Zastrow and Kirst-Ashman (2016) refer to adults in later adulthood as “a population at risk” (p. 717). Why are individuals in later adulthood a vulnerable population? What role might social work play in addressing the needs of this population?
Discussion that compares your culture’s perspective on aging to the perspectives of the two cultures you researched. Explain why you think these differences exist. Also, explain how different perspectives on aging might impact social work practice.
Zastrow, C. H., & Kirst-Ashman, K. K. (2019). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (11th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
· Chapter 16, “Sociological Aspects of Later Adulthood” (pp. 703-728)
Tucker-Seeley, R. D., Li, Y., Sorensen, G., & Subramanian, S. V. (2011). Lifecourse socioeconomic circumstances and multimorbidity among older adults. BMC Public Health, 11(4), 313–321.
2- Page paper that includes the following:
· A description of the services in your local community that support individuals in later adulthood
· An evaluation of the effectiveness of the services you identified
· A description of service gaps you identified
· An explanation of how to improve existing services
· A description of services that should be added, and why