Adolescent Development Interview
Review the theories of Elkind, Erikson, Kohlberg, Marcia, and Piaget in Chapters 16 and 17 of the text.
Interview a person of your choice (they may be your parents, relatives, or friends) using the questions approved by your instructor. These questions must address the following:
- Cognitive, physical, and psychosocial development during the interviewee’s adolescence
- How peers influenced the interviewee during adolescence
- What people and/or events influenced the interviewee’s development of morals
- How the interviewee’s experiences as an adolescent formulate who they are as an adult.
Note: American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines indicate that interviewees have the right to refuse to answer any question posed to them by an interviewer. Please ensure that your interviewees are aware of this, and do not force them to answer where the opportunity to reply has been refused.
Pick one of the theories reviewed in Chapters 16 and 17 of the text.
Write a paper of 750-1,000 words, discussing the selected theory and how it relates to your interview. Include the following in your paper:
- A description of the selected theory
- A description of your interviewee (gender, age, ethnicity, etc.)
- How the interviewee’s responses illustrate the selected theory. Support your response with examples.
Include at least three scholarly references, in addition to the text, in your paper.